BTJ Mortgages – Beside you all the way
The FCA does not regulate some forms of buy to let and let to buy mortgages.
With our expertise, we can help to find a better deal for you and may save you money. Whether you’re a first-time buyer, looking to move house, re-mortgaging, or interested in buy-to-let, we can advise you on all these situations.
- Fixed v discounted v tracker
- Interest-only v repayment
- How much to borrow – and what to do if you haven’t got a deposit
- Competitive deals for re-mortgaging, buy-to-let and first timers
- Features like early repayments and payment holidays
Choosing the right mortgage to suit your needs may seem like a daunting process.
Having to navigate your way through the maze of different lenders and their products is an extremely time consuming process.
Competition and demand has resulted in a wide range of interest rate options available on mortgage loans. At BTJ Mortgages Ltd we are here to make choosing the right mortgage as easy as possible. Once you have arranged your mortgage we take care of the whole process for you.
Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
TYPES OF MORTGAGES
Whether you are a first-time buyer, moving home or re-mortgaging, with our expertise you can be sure you will find a product to suit your needs.
We are able to source products up to age 75 and we can obtain a mortgage up to 95% of your purchase price.
Lenders, like any other product provider, are constantly reviewing the range of products they offer and the various features and options included in each.
The attractiveness of each one depends on the personal circumstances of each borrower. Two major factors impact upon a lenders decision such as credit score and affordability.
Whatever your needs, we are here to make your first time purchase, home move or re-mortgage go as smoothly as possible.
Buy to Let
A buy to let mortgage enables an individual to purchase a rental property with a loan secured on that property. The purposes of the borrower are to generate income and to obtain long-term capital growth on the investment.
Buy to let mortgages are usually subject to more restrictive criteria than conventional residential mortgages, these being:
- A deposit will be required of at least 15% of the purchase price
- The rental income must amount to more than the monthly repayment, this normally being between 115% – 130%
The above are in addition to the applicant’s personal status and other factors to be taken into consideration.
No minimum income is required for this type of mortgage as it is based upon the rental from the property.
Don’t worry if you haven’t got sufficient deposit monies to hand. We may be able to help you raise this, via a possible re-mortgage on your existing property/ies.
Let to Buy
This allows you to rent out your existing property and to purchase a new one for your main residence. Your existing mortgage could then be covered by the rental income you receive.
Certain criteria are required in order for you to qualify for a Let to Buy mortgage:
- Rental income achievable for your existing property should not be less than 125% of the monthly mortgage repayment
- Your new property must be intended as your main residence
- A minimum deposit of usually 10% is required for your new purchase
Don’t worry if you haven’t got sufficient deposit monies to hand. You may be able to help you raise this, via a possible re-mortgage on your existing property
With our expertise we can help to find a better deal for you and save you money. This can be done for both Residential and Buy to Let situations.
- To move lender to secure a better deal
- To capital raise for various purposes (such as a deposit for a new property, home improvements or debt consolidate.
We will assess your situation as at this time it may be better for you to remain with your existing lender and we would simply do a Product Switch. This will be discussed at our initial meeting.